Installing Adobe Digital Editions
Find out more about Installing the Adobe Digital Editions software.
Opening a protected ebook with Adobe Digital Editions
With digital protection
Once the licence file (.acsm) has been downloaded to your computer, open the Adobe Digital Editions software that you have installed.
Then click on “File”, and then on “Add to library”.
In the File Browser on the left, choose the folder where you saved the licence file (.acsm). Then from the drop-down list at the bottom right, select “Adobe Content Server Message”. And finally click on the book you want to read and press “Open”.
Adobe Digital Editions will then download your book.
Once the download is complete, the book will automatically open and you can then find it in your
With a watermark or without protection
Once the file (.epub or .pdf depending on the format) has been downloaded to your computer, open the Adobe Digital Editions software you have installed. Then click on “File”, and then on “Add to library”.
In the File Browser on the left, choose the folder where you saved the file. Then from the drop-down list at the bottom right, select “E-Books”. And finally click on the book you want to read and press “Open”.
The book will then appear in the Adobe Digital Editions library.
Transferring an ebook to an e-reader with Adobe Digital Editions
An ebook can be transferred from a computer to an e-reader using a USB cable:
- Connect your e-reader to your computer using a USB cable.
- Accept the connection on your e-reader (click on connect/accept/Yes).
When you first connect your e-reader to a computer, an installation program may be launched.
In the case of Vivlio e-readers, if you connect your reader to your computer while it is off, your
computer will not prompt you to transfer files but will automatically start charging the battery.
You must therefore turn on your e-reader, wait for the main menu to appear, connect the e-reader to your computer, and select “PC link”.
- If you have not already done so, launch Adobe Digital Editions software on your computer.
- Your e-reader will appear in the left-hand column of the software, under the heading “Devices”.
- Right-click on the name of your reader and select “Allow device ...”.
- Click on the ebook you want to transfer and drag it to your e-reader's name:
- Once the transfer is complete, eject the device from your computer and disconnect your e-reader.
- Your ebook is now in your e-reader's library, ready to be read!