Vivlio e-readers are under warranty for 24 months from the date of purchase.
The after-sales service is directly managed by our resellers, for all requests, please contact your store.
Restrictions and exceptions:
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, explicit or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The e-reader warrant does not cover or apply to:
- Consumables, i.e. products that require periodic replacement due to normal e-reader use, with the exception of batteries.
- Damage resulting from normal wear and tear of the e-reader in the course of its use and wear (e. g. exclusively aesthetic damage such as wear and tear on the outside of the reading light, scratches, etc.).
- To the recovery of specific data or programs that belong to the user and that are stored in the e-reader’s internal memory.
- The case that the e-reader casing has been opened, its serial number or tamper-evident label damaged, modified, removed or degraded, unless the defect occurred due to handling (by employees) on the part of the supplier.
- Damage due to overvoltage or any electrical anomaly external to the e-reader.
- Damage resulting from unauthorised installation or modification of software contained in the e-reader.
- Failures resulting from negligence, misuse or manipulation, or misuse of the e-reader.
- Consequences related to the use of accessories or any other products that have not been supplied by the manufacturer PocketBook, or which have not been certified by it as compatible with this e-reader.
- Damage caused by a natural disaster (fire, flood, lightning, storms, and earthquakes, etc.).
- Damage due to improper handling of the reading light or misuse including the e-reader falling, its screen breaking for any reason whatsoever, and its contact with any liquid which has been, for example, spilled on the e-reader, or in which the e-reader has been immersed and which leads to the presence of liquid on or inside the e-reader.
- Damage caused by incompatibility of the reader with telecommunication flows (WiFi, cable networks, etc.) that do not comply with standard norms and protocols.
- Errors related to the use of software incompatible with the e-reader or to the effects of computer viruses contracted by the e-reader or by any software related to it.
- To the case that the number of pixels damages on the e-reader’s screen is below 5.
Important note concerning e-reader backlighting:
Please note that differences in lighting levels are one of the particular features of light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and cannot therefore be considered as a quality defect or an anomaly. Under certain lighting conditions, you will see a slight shadow on the lower part of the screen when the backlight is on. This is normal and specific to each electronic ink display with backlighting.
When an e-reader’s backlighting is activated, it is possible to see particularly bright points or areas depending on the inclination of the screen. These effects are related to the technological characteristics of backlighting and are not considered a quality defect or an anomaly.