What is the Vivlio Cloud?
The Cloud function allows you to read your digital books and keep your favourites, your shelves and your reading progress on different media. This functionality is accessible to all devices on which you are connected to your customer account :
Once you are logged into your customer account, the Cloud will be automatically synchronised and accessible from your e-reader.
What formats are supported by the Cloud?
The Cloud supports the storage of files in the following formats : PDF, PDF DRM, EPUB, EPUB DRM, DJVU, FB2, FB2.ZIP, DOC, DOCX, RTF, PRC, TXT, CHM, HTM, HTML, MOBI, ACSM.
However, read position synchronisation is currently only supported for PDF and EPUB formats.
How do I synchronise my ebooks with the Cloud?
Your book list and reading positions are automatically synchronised to your devices when you:
- log on to your customer account,
- open a book,
- close a book,
- add/delete a book to/from a shelf,
- add/delete a book to/from Favourites,
- add a book to a folder.
On your eReader, to force synchronisation, tap the synchronisation icon on the notification panel. (at the top of your screen from the home page)
If you are not connected to the Internet, you will only be able to access the books already available on your device.
Your ebooks will be resynchronised once your connection is restored.
- If an error occurs during synchronisation, check your Internet connection.
- If your Internet connection is working properly, try to synchronise your books again later.
How can you recognise a book stored on the Cloud from your reader?
The cloud icon on a book’s cover indicates that the book has been synchronised with the Cloud.
A dotted frame around an ebook in your eReader's library indicates that the book has not yet been stored onto the device and is only stored in your Cloud.
How do I delete a book from the Cloud?
On your Cloud, you will be able to choose between two options to delete your ebook:
- Delete (from device memory): the file will still be stored in the Cloud but no longer on your eReader.
- Delete from the Cloud: the file will remain on your eReader but will not be present on the Cloud.
All of these functionalities are available for devices with version 5.20 or higher.